The Pied Piper of Tucson Tour
These tragic events from the 1960’s shocked this desert city and sent horror down the streets of Tucson’s easygoing community. This tour is factual and authentic. You will see the lost locations of these crimes, view the crime archives and have lunch where the Pied Piper of Tucson perfected his craft. Fasten your seatbelts for this crime-fueled, cold-blooded tour. Not for the faint of heart.
On the day of the tour, your Crime Historian will meet you at our designated location at the scheduled date and time of the tour. He will then drive you to many of the locations and crime scenes. Some of the locations may have been published by the media and many have not. This is what makes our tours interesting. They have been fact-checked by our research team and verified through police reports and court transcripts. If you are a crime buff, then this tour is definitely for you.
Duration of full tour will be 4-5 hours depending on weather and traffic.
Some of our stops during the tour: (subject to change)
- Where Smitty cruised Speedway Blvd
- Where Gretchen & Wendy saw their last movie
- The motel where Smitty performed in the lounge
- The hair salon where Smitty got his hair done
- The crime scenes
- The old nursing home that Smitty’s parents owned and operated
- The funeral home.
- Where Smitty was captured after his escape from prison
- Where the informant, the detective and other important characters lived
- Where Dead Beat and the Todd Killings were filmed
- Where Smitty took his girls to have lunch(and have lunch there ourselves!).
All of our tours are scheduled in the cooler months starting in October and ending in March. Contact us today to book your private tour! Limited availability.
We recently started a web series on the Pied Piper case! Check it out here.